As promised, I am reaching out with updates on our response to COVID-19. Integrity House remains open across all levels of care and locations. We are accepting new admissions.
To ensure that safety and awareness are guiding recovery for the hundreds of people who are relying on Integrity House, we have implemented the following policies in response to the pandemic.
- Today, 3/23 our outpatient programs in Newark, Morris Plains, Jersey City, and Toms River began delivering hybrid services, including in-person and telehealth appointments and programming. Contact information for all outpatient programs is listed below.
- Today, 3/23 the department overseeing residential admissions began enhanced screening measures, including COVID-19 symptom checks. Effective today, the admissions department will also require supporting documentation of health status from referral sources. Exclusionary criteria for admission includes anyone over the age of 60, or with the following health conditions: diabetes, asthma, respiratory disease, heart disease, cancer, and/or immunodeficiency disorders.
- Effective today, 3/23 all individuals admitted into short or long-term residential programs will be placed on a seven-day observation period which includes a daily check for COVID-19 symptoms by a registered nurse.
- Effective today, 3/23 halfway house programs will only accept admissions from other internal levels of care.
- Today, 3/23 most non-essential, administrative staffers began working from home in adherence to social distancing recommendations. Direct service staffers will continue to report to various Integrity House locations. Staffers and participants who are sick have been encouraged to stay home.
- On Thursday, 3/19 Integrity House launched an internal marketing campaign to reinforce outstanding hygiene. All staffers are required to wash their hands every time they enter any Integrity House building, including at the start of the workday, upon returning from lunch, etc. Staffers have been urged to wash their hands regularly throughout the day, and follow other sensible hygiene and spacing recommendations.
- All external visits, including family and child visits, continue to be suspended until further notice. We recognize that family support is critical to recovery and encourage communication through phone calls. This does not include admissions-related visits or screenings.
- Integrity House has rigorously cleaned all of its buildings, both programmatic and administrative. Staffers are required to disinfect their workstations at the start and end of the workday.
- Mealtimes for participants of residential programs continue to be thoughtfully staggered to keep the number of individuals in our cafeterias at a minimum at all times.
- Provisions, including food, water, medication, cleaning supplies, soap, etc., have been ordered and added to our reserves.
- All student internship programs with our partnering higher education institutions continue to be suspended until further notice.
- The annual Integrity House Golf Classic scheduled for Monday, 5/18 has been postponed. We will reach out with a reschedule date.
Integrity House is closely monitoring and following the recommendations of the federal, state, and local governments. Each day, we are learning more from our elected and appointed officials. Our senior leadership team maintains regular contact with the NJ Department of Health and the NJ Department of Human Services. We are prepared to tailor our response to consistently adhere to public health requirements and promise to keep you informed on any changes as they happen.
Thank you and stay healthy.
President and Chief Executive Officer