Mobile Community Care
A Program Designed to Meet Community Members Where The Are
Mobile Community Care (MCC) provides support and resources to address substance use challenges and overall quality of life. With a focus on removing barriers to care, the program travels to target areas in Newark to provide services to those who need it most.
MCC has officially launched! Stay tuned for our upcoming schedule of locations and days/times the vehicle will be out in the community.
We Offer The Following Services in Our MCC Unit
- Screening and assessment for substance use disorder/addiction, mental illness, and overall quality of life
- Prescriptions for FDA-approved medications for substance use disorder (e.g., buprenorphine)
- Harm reduction education and resources, including distribution of naloxone
- Medical history screening, vital signs assessment, and basic first aid
- Case management services, including referrals to accessible primary care, mental health services, and other resources
- Support and coaching from individuals in recovery
For Information about MCC
For more information about the Mobile Community Care program, please contact Program Manager Andrea Jervis-Duque at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 848-3750.
For Press Inquires
For press inquiries about Mobile Community Care, please contact Marketing Manager Cara Medwick at email@example.com or (973) 623-0600 ext. 6590.
If you would like to partner or collaborate with Mobile Community Care, please contact Senior Director of Development and Strategy Naima Briscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 848-3760
This program is sponsored by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration State Opioid Response Grant.