The Program Manager supervises the Prevention Case Manager and provides HIV/AIDS comprehensive risk counseling services and group level interventions to Injecting Drug Users (IDU) and persons living with HIV to ensure NJDOH requirements are met. The Program Manager must be available during the core work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must be available to work some weekends for specialized events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the Prevention Case Specialist.
• Establish and maintain partnerships with community-based and AIDS service organizations.
• Facilitate groups and/or individual counseling for IDU living with HIV.
• Provide comprehensive risk counseling services (CRCS) to persons living with HIV as documented in case files.
• Coordinate and collaborate with NJCRI, Newark Beth Israel, and St. Clare’s to provide prevention-based activities.
• Ensure the delivery of services of HIV Specialist by providing and/or overseeing HIV testing services for Integrity House.
• Ensure HIV testing is provided through Rutgers/Robert Wood Johnson Hospital Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
• Participate in HIV grant renewal/RFP process.
• Provide prevention education workshops within the community by request.
• Maintain current/updated information on HIV/AIDS, referral agencies and other community services needed for the target population.
• Complete and submit monthly and quarterly reports to state grantors.
Job qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
• HIV Counseling and Testing Certification
• CADC preferred
• Valid New Jersey driver’s license
• Knowledge of substance use, HIV prevention, and mental health
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Sound analytical and problem solving
• Effective decision making in dealing with safety issues and emergency situations
• Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage time
• Ability to counsel (individual and group)
• Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with community organizations, clients, staff members and peers
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of clients