Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for an experienced Peer Recovery Specialist with people skills to collaboratively develop a Recovery Plan; assist the participant to progress towards attainment of RP goals; educate the participant on treatment options; assisting the client to access recovery support services in the community; work closely with the assigned Case Manager and STAR Team; empower clients to make informed and educated choices to sustain their recovery.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• In collaboration with the participant, develop a Recovery Plan which includes culturally competent and relevant services that identifies goals with measurable objectives, assesses strengths, can be used to work toward these goals, identifies barriers that serves as an obstacle in achieving goals
• Facilitate peer led recovery groups and healthy activities
• Foster a community environment between peers
• Serve as a mentor for participants
• Assist individuals with accessing recovery support services in the community
• Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to ensure the participant engages in services
Job qualifications include:
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) years of experience working with individuals with substance use disorders
• Minimum of two (2) years of abstinence from substance use.
Required Licensing and Certification:
• Peer recovery specialist certification is a plus
• NJ driver’s license required
Specialized Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
• Working knowledge of recovery
• Thorough understanding of the 12 Steps as well as other self and mutual recovery support groups
• Ability to guide participants toward identification and development of positive supports within the community
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to utilize evidence-based practices learned during orientation period
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Interested candidates may send a written cover letter expressing interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.