Are you searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to impact someone’s life? At Integrity, we believe that a vibrant company culture that supports and nurtures our employees is important because it is the key to our success. With our team culture, we listen to your ideas and invest in your career growth! Our purpose and passion are to empower clients, their loved ones, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. Be a part of our team whose mission is to help individuals and families through an effective and measurable system of comprehensive Therapeutic Community addictions treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support in a way that brings about positive, long-term lifestyle change.
We are excited to announce our Peer Recovery Specialist opening!
The Peer Recovery Specialist will provide crisis support and function as a mentor, guide, and resource for participants. In collaboration with participants and staff, the Peer Recovery Specialist offers recovery support services that are flexible to ensure cultural relevancy and address participants’ preferences and identified needs. The Peer Recovery Specialist will report directly to the Project Manager. This position will require approximately 10% travel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities of a Peer Recovery Specialist
• Facilitate recovery groups and healthy activities.
• Support individuals as they move through the stages of change to encourage them in their recovery.
• Assist participants with gaining skills and resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery.
• Assist in establishing and sustaining a social and physical environment supportive of recovery.
• Accompany participants to appointments for support when possible.
• Help participants maintain a healthy community, family, and social functioning.
• Provide relapse prevention skills based on experience.
Preferred Qualifications for a Peer Recovery Specialist
- Two (2) years of experience working with individuals with substance use disorder.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years of abstinence from substance use.
Specialized skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of recovery.
- A thorough understanding of the 12 Steps and other self and mutual recovery support groups.
- Ability to guide participants toward identifying and developing positive support within the community
- Peer recovery specialist certification.
Valid NJ Driver’s license.
This is a full-time position, and the work schedule will be reflected during onboarding.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to Shane Doughty with the title of the position in the email subject line and information regarding where they found the job posting.
Why Work for Integrity?
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things. We believe that workplace diversity and the inclusion of various views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company’s success and provide you with the best co-workers you could ask for. Our employee benefits play an essential role in making Integrity a great workplace.
Our Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Low Cost and Generous Medical and Prescription Coverage (ask us for our benefits summary, we are proud of it!)
- Employer Paid Dental
- Employer Paid Vision
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Time
- 403(b) Plan with a Dollar for Dollar Match up to 3% of Compensation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement – up to $3,000 annual
- Recognition Rewards
- Professional Development Assistance
Who We Are
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. Integrity is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. At its highest level, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. Integrity House is committed to best practice and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain a practical resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
Integrity is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Integrity House openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Before hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination and booster and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR. Candidates will also be required to undergo SUD pre-boarding requirements, including drug testing, fingerprinting, and a physical exam.