Are you searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to impact someone’s life? At Integrity, we believe that a vibrant company culture that supports and nurtures our employees is so essential that it is the key to our success. With our team culture, we listen to your ideas and invest in your career growth! Our purpose and passion are to empower clients, their loved ones, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. Be a part of our team whose mission is to help individuals and families through an effective and measurable system of comprehensive addictions treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support in a way that brings about positive, long-term lifestyle change.
We are excited to announce our Counselor Intern opening!
Sign-on Bonus up to $3,000!
The counselor intern is responsible for providing addiction and mental health counseling services (i.e., individual counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, assessments, etc.) to our clients in our residential and outpatient programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of a Counselor Intern
- Assess client’s counseling needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria in order to provide individual and group therapy, psycho-education, case management, and crisis intervention to clients.
- Counselor shall obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment episode and collaborate with clients to develop a written treatment plan that is client-centered, recovery-oriented, and includes goals with measurable objectives.
- Provide substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan, when and where necessary, revise substance abuse counseling portion of treatment plan to address emerging problems, and review clients throughout treatment according to ASAM criteria to determine the need for continued services, transfer, or discharge.
- Conduct Continued Service Reviews, complete Extension Request: Level of Care Index for Recovery Court clients and Utilization Review for Private Insurance clients; process and monitor results of urine analysis and escort clients using company vehicle (if approved) to medical, legal, or recreational appointments and be available for on-call crisis.
- Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given), and referral sources; participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings for assigned clients, clinical supervision, trainings, workshops, and etc. – as assigned by Director.
- Keep accurate records and clinical documentation in accordance with Annex A requirements; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-ups in the client’s clinical record as outlined in Integrity’s policy. Ensure all appropriate signatures and dates are recorded in paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
- Document complete and detailed facility incident reports for Director and any other persons stipulated to receive them, including referral source per contractual agreement and emergency contact when appropriate.
- Develop client’s transfer and/or discharge plans to ensure movement to appropriate levels of care; contact referral source(s), provide case consultation and coordination with referral sources (i.e., criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DCPP, and/or mental health treatment providers).
- Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
Qualifications for a Counselor Intern
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Master’s degree in Human Services field (Preferred).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in human services fieldwork (Preferred)
- Experience in substance abuse program management, delivery, and evaluation (Preferred)
Licensure & Credentials:
- Counselor Intern: High School Diploma + Relevant Experience – must obtain valid credential (CADC, LSW, LAC) within 3 years of hire.
- CPR Certification
- A valid driver’s license
Specialized Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of ASAM Criteria
- Strong understanding of symptom criteria (as outlined in the DSM V) necessary to identify mental health, personality, and substance use disorders
- In-depth knowledge of the causes and effects of addiction on individuals, families, and society
- Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life-threatening situations including the prevention of suicide and/or homicide
- Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing, and 12-step treatment methods
- Knowledge of needs and risk assessment
- Comprehension of case management and record-keeping practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Cultural Sensitivity
- In-depth knowledge and strict adherence to the Code of Ethics and the client’s Bill of Rights
- Ability to clinically justify treatment at various levels of care using ASAM criteria
- Ability to conduct service reviews and negotiate continued residential treatment with insurance companies, drug court task evaluators, and SAI care coordinators.
- Ability to conduct clinical assessments under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor
- Ability to conduct a suicidal/homicidal risk assessment
- Ability to identify symptoms associated with mental health and personality disorders.
- Effective clinical communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with clients and solid working relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness, genuine positive regard, and empathy regarding client concerns
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing counselor duties
Work Schedule: Varied (including 4 weekdays, 1 weekend day–7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm shifts)
Why Work for Integrity?
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things. We believe that workplace diversity and the inclusion of various views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company’s success and provide you with the best co-workers you could ask for. Our employee benefits play an essential role in making Integrity a great workplace.
Our Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Low Cost and Generous Medical and Prescription Coverage (ask us for our benefits summary, we are proud of it!)
- Employer Paid Dental
- Employer Paid Vision
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Time
- 403(b) Plan with a Dollar for Dollar Match up to 3% of Compensation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement – up to $3,000 annual
- Recognition Rewards
- Professional Development Assistance
Who We Are
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. Integrity is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader at its highest level. Integrity House is committed to best practice and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain a practical resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
Integrity is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Integrity House openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Before hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination and booster and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR. Candidates will also be required to undergo SUD pre-boarding requirements, including drug testing, fingerprinting, and a physical exam.