Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for a Peer Recovery Support Specialist for our Toms River, NJ location. We are looking for candidates with the people skills to work closely with participants of the STAR Program to: collaboratively develop a Recovery Plan; assist the participant to progress towards attainment of RP goals; educate the participant on treatment options; assisting the client to access recovery support services in the community; work closely with the assigned Case Manager and STAR Team; empower clients to make informed and educated choices to sustain their recovery.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• In collaboration with the participant, develop a Recovery Plan which includes culturally competent and relevant services that identifies goals with measurable objectives, assesses strengths, can be used to work toward these goals, identifies barriers that serves as an obstacle in achieving goals
• Facilitate peer led recovery groups and healthy activities
• Foster a community environment between peers
• Serve as a mentor for participants
• Assist individuals with accessing recovery support services in the community
• Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to ensure the participant engages in services
• Accompany participants to appointments for support when possible
Job qualifications include:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years of experience working with individuals with substance use disorder
• Working knowledge of recovery
• Minimum of 2 years of abstinence from substance use
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Recovery Specialist training is a plus
• Valid NJ Driver’s License
• Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
• Thorough understanding of the 12 Steps as well as other self and mutual recovery support groups
• Ability to guide participants toward identification and development of positive supports within the community
Interested candidates may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Recovery Support Specialist’ in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.