Integrity House is looking for a Recovery Specialist works closely with participants of the STAR Program to: collaboratively develop a Recovery Plan; assist the participant to progress towards attainment of RP goals; educate the participant on treatment options; assisting the client to access recovery support services in the community; work closely with the assigned Case Manager and STAR Team; empower clients to make informed and educated choices to sustain their recovery.
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, recovery houses, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on a path of sustainable recovery.
This is a full-time position with an alternating work schedule. Some flexibility is allowed when approved by the supervisor.
- Week A: Monday and Tuesday 9-5pm, Wednesday 10-8pm, Friday 1-9pm, and Saturday 9-3pm.
- Week B: Monday and Tuesday 9-5pm, Wednesday 10-8pm, Thursday 9-3pm, Friday 1-9pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with the participant, develop a Recovery Plan which includes culturally competent and relevant services that identifies goals with measurable objectives, assesses strengths, can be used to work toward these goals, identifies barriers that serves as an obstacle in achieving goals
- Monitor participant’s progress in attaining goals
- Facilitate peer led recovery groups and healthy activities
- Foster a community environment between peers
- Serve as a mentor for participants
- Assist with transportation when possible
- Provide recovery support services based on the participants preference and assessed needs
- Support individuals as they move through the stages of change to encourage them in their recovery
- Assist individuals with accessing recovery support services in the community
- Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to ensure the participant engages in services up to one year
- Assist participant with gaining skills and resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery
- Assist in establishing and sustaining a social and physical environment supportive of recovery
- Accompany participants to appointments for support when possible
- Help participants maintain healthy community, family and social functioning
- Provide relapse prevention skills based on experience
Job qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience working with individuals with substance use disorder
- Working knowledge of recovery
- Minimum of 2 years of abstinence from substance use
- Recovery Specialist training is a plus
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Thorough understanding of the 12 Steps as well as other self and mutual recovery support groups
- Ability to guide participants toward identification and development of positive supports within the community
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Recovery Specialist’ in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.