Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
This position will provide quality control & compliance services to all departments at Integrity House. Responsibilities will include but not limited to ensuring the establishment and continuity of standards of operation for each department which meet or exceed those established by the agency along with the state standards, completing internal audits at all sites and generating audit reports with the findings, following up with concerns to ensure all findings have been corrected, monitoring staff trainings and conduct trainings when needed. The incumbent will serve as the Integrity House Corporate Compliance Officer, HIPAA Privacy Officer, and HIPAA Security Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Licensing & Accreditation
• Become familiar with all applicable licensing regulations & CARF Standards, and provide guidance to Integrity House management and leadership with consideration to such.
• Facilitate all inspections including DOH, Medicaid, FFS, etc.
• Facilitate CARF renewal as scheduled
• Maintain on going communication with DOH and CARF (or relevant entities), as needed.
• Respond to all deficiencies in a timely manner, with collaboration from the program Administration
• Ensure proper renewal of all licensure, including non-DOH licenses (i.e. DEA, CDS, SAMHSA OTP, etc.)
• Provide trainings regularly to ensure understanding of regulation & accreditation
• Conduct unannounced inspections and clinical audits of all programs to ensure compliance & conformance
Quality Assurance & Risk Management
• Ensures maintenance of accurate, complete and relevant data for all departments.
• Serves as a resource person for all quality assurance questions or issues for all departments.
• Ensures accuracy of files and recordkeeping systems for all departments.
• Monitors and ensures that all departments are staffed in the manner set forth as per the state and federal standards and agency guidelines.
• Identify financial, safety or security risks that Integrity House may face
• Prepare action plans to decrease risk factors
• Manage company insurance policies
• Make risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation in order to minimize their future risks
• Provide training and certification for organization staff so that they can be aware of risks and try to avoid them
• Maintain and update Integrity House policies and procedures manual as needed, and ensure all changes are properly documented and in compliance with regulation and accreditation standards
• Serve as Corporate Compliance Officer to ensure no fraud, waste, or abuse occurs.
• Serve as HIPAA Privacy Officer & HIPAA Security Office and ensure the privacy and security of all clients and personnel information per HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2.
• Maintain records of all incident report, conduct incident analysis, and report relevant incidents to DOH.
• Ensuring all departments are in compliance with FFS/Medicaid (or any other funding) guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct thorough and complete investigations into alleged or suspected compliance or privacy issues and ensure all issues reach a resolution and such investigations and resolutions are properly documented.
• Coordinate with the Human Resources Department to ensure the delivery of an effective compliance and privacy training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for existing staff and ensure that there are consistent consequences for failure to comply with privacy policies for all individuals within the organization.
• Respond to all subpoenas in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Track laws and regulations that might affect the organization’s policies and procedures and collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to update plans, protocols and policies and training as appropriate.
Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or designee
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent, preferably in a life science or related discipline
• 1 -2 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Access, Excel)
• Must be able to comprehend regulations and guidance documents and apply critical thinking skills to evaluate requirements
• Must be detail oriented and able to effectively communicate findings verbally and in writing
• Strong ethical and professional boundaries
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.
INTEGRITY HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the email subject line.