Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, at its highest level for more than 23 years, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. Integrity House is committed to best practice and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain an effective resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, outpatient and halfway house levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
Integrity House is looking for two (2) ambitious, bright, and detail-oriented individuals to manage its co-ed 3.5 clinically managed high intensity residential services programs in Newark and Secaucus, which operate as Therapeutic Communities. The Program Manager is responsible for maintaining clinical oversight of the residential program, including ensuring fidelity to the Therapeutic Community model. This individual is also responsible for bridging the gap between frontline staff and program leadership, implementing all organizational/strategic changes, enhancing existing services, and increasing positive outcomes with direction from the Director/Senior Director. The Program Manager may serve in a matrix organizational structure, participating in a variety of ad hoc initiatives to achieve Integrity House’s mission and vision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain compliance with New Jersey Department of Health (DOH) licensing regulations as Administrator and Director of Substance Abuse Counseling including overseeing audits and inspections, plans of corrections, the delivery of New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services Annex A requirements, and ensuring the safety of clients, staff, and the facility.
- Manage the program budget, which includes reviewing and approving billing, addressing and correcting areas where service delivery has not been optimized, keeping all costs within budget, monitoring spending, and ensuring treatment authorization for all clients.
- Enhance service delivery by developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization, evaluating program strengths and areas in need of improvement, and other activities.
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and referral sources, represent the agency at relevant events and forums, and participate in other external affairs as needed.
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision to staff; recruit, train, and evaluate staff; and other relevant tasks.
- Maintain a caseload of clients by providing individual and group counseling, and a wide array of case management services.
Other responsibilities to be assigned at a later date at the discretion of the Senior Director.
Job qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field required.
- At least 2 years of experience in human services field preferred.
- Experience in substance use disorder (SUD) treatment program management, delivery, and evaluation preferred.
- Prior experience with residential SUD treatment highly preferred.
- Clinical licensure (e.g., LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC, or LCADC).
- In-depth knowledge of the causes and effects of drugs, alcohol, and addiction on individuals and families.
- Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with high intensity situations.
- Knowledge of the Therapeutic Community preferred.
- Knowledge of needs and risk assessment.
- Familiarity with case management and record keeping practices.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with clients and solid working relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness and genuine positive regard for client concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties.
- A valid driver’s license.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Prior to hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or eligibility for an exemption, and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager” in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, and life insurance; and a 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3%.