Are you searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make an impact in someone’s life? At Integrity, we believe that a vibrant company culture which supports and nurtures our employees is so important that it is the key to our success. With our team culture, we listen to your ideas and invest in your career growth! Our purpose and passion are to empower clients, their loved ones, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. Be a part of our team whose mission is to help individuals and families through an effective and measurable system of comprehensive Therapeutic Community addictions treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support in a way that brings about positive, long-term lifestyle change.
We are excited to announce our Peer Recovery Specialist/Driver opening for our Mobile Community Care program! The Peer Recovery Specialist/Driver will travel to areas of high need in Newark to provide individuals with low-threshold medication services, harm reduction services, and care coordination services that promote improved health and well-being.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of a Peer Recovery Specialist/Driver:
Peer Recovery Support:
- Draw on lived experience of personally managing substance use disorder (SUD) or co-occurring substance use and mental illness to support community members.
- Complete Peer Ethics Training through New Jersey Prevention Network (NJPN).
- Assist with the identification of local community resources and the supported referral of clients to these services.
- Provide wellness coaching that addresses the co-morbid physical needs of individuals with SUD or co-occurring SUD and mental illness.
- Facilitate the formation of support groups for individuals who use medications to manage their SUD.
- Assist with the provision of harm reduction education and services.
- Provide brief interventions focused on increasing a person’s insight into and awareness about substance use and behavioral change with the goal of motivating individuals to continue to receive care.
- Deliver services in a culturally informed manner that aligns with the National Cultural and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) standards.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
Mobile Unit Operation:
- Transport mobile unit to designated sites to deliver services.
- Remain current on vehicle operational requirements.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance and ensure vehicle is fueled and clean.
- Complete driver usage log for every trip.
- Complete incident report, when required, before the end of shift.
Preferred Qualifications for a Peer Recovery Specialist/Driver:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years of in recovery.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
Required Licensing or Certifications
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) credential.
- Valid driver license.
- Ability to drive a 29’ RV mobile unit.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time non-exempt position from Monday through Friday with hours expected to be between 8:00am and 4:00pm or 9:00am and 5:00pm, however this is subject to change based on the needs of the community.
Why Work for Integrity?
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things. We believe that workplace diversity and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company’s success and provides you with the best co-workers you could ask for. Our employee benefits play an important role in making Integrity a great place to work.
Our Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Low Cost and Generous Medical and Prescription Coverage (ask us for our benefits summary, we are proud of it!)
- Employer Paid Dental
- Employer Paid Vision
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Time
- 403(b) Plan with a Dollar for Dollar Match up to 3% of Compensation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement – up to $4,000 annual
- Recognition Rewards
- Professional Development Assistance
Who We Are?
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. Integrity is accredited from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, at its highest level, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. Integrity House is committed to best practice and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain a practical resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient, levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
Apply today! Be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team committed to rebuilding lives, families and communities.
Integrity is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Integrity House openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Before hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination and booster and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR. Candidates will also be required to undergo SUD pre-boarding requirements, including drug testing, fingerprinting, and a physical exam.