SIGN-ON BONUS: $500
(Available after first 90 days of employment. Must work a minimum of 8 shifts to be eligible)
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, recovery houses, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on a path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for a registered nurse (RN) to provide nursing care part-time in our long-term and short-term residential programs in Secaucus, NJ.
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing clients’ medical needs and determining appropriate medical or psychiatric interventions. In addition, the RN is required to administer medication, assist physicians in providing care to clients, and provide ongoing medical documentation within the medical department.
This is a part-time, overnight position. Weekend and holiday shifts may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interpersonal and group communication skills
- Critical thinking and shared decision-making to ensure the protection of the client’s self-determination
- Provide advocacy as needed to ensure the client knows and understands their rights
- Strong nursing skills and holistic health knowledge as addiction is rarely the only treatment necessary
- Provide compassionate support through all process phases
- Help client become independent by meeting care goals and measuring those goals against patient healthcare outcomes, adjusting as necessary
- Quality care assurance, following state and nursing guidelines and standards
- Work on a multidisciplinary team to discuss, assess and resolve patient problems, yet able to work independently
- Charting patient care in the patient chart and department charts
- Documenting and communicating nursing care with the next shift
- Ensure client confidentiality
- Maintain up-to-date nursing education, including knowledge of Internet resources for those with substance abuse
- Compliance with Department of Health, CARF, and DEA Standards
- Patient care assessment: Monitor client’s physical and psychological withdrawal from substances
Job qualifications include:
- Nursing degree from an accredited program
- Undergraduate degree in nursing or related field preferred
- Active nursing license
- Two years experience in addiction
- CPR Certification
- Knowledgeable in Narcan administration
Physical/Medical Requirements: Prior to hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or eligibility for an exemption, and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR.
Interested candidates may send a cover letter expressing interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.