Since 1968, Integrity, Inc. has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with a substance use disorder. In addition to our CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, halfway house, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses to prepare for ongoing community-based treatment and recovery.
We are seeking a Housing Case Manager to facilitate and provide supportive services to clients enrolled in supportive housing programs while also performing specific data collection activities. This is a part-time position, M-F 4:00 pm-9:00 pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for assessing, evaluating, providing, and documenting in IRIS case management under the philosophy of the Housing First model to clients residing in 5-7 Lincoln Park, ensuring the client remains enrolled in an independent living situation.
· Complete and document in IRIS, HMIS, and other prescribed mediums recovery plans reflecting SAMHSA’s 8 Wellness Dimensions, post-grant financial plans, initial enrollment surveys, service termination surveys, and case management sessions on all clients as per Integrity, grant, and licensure regulations with the goal of sustained independent sober living.
· Proficiently utilize Motivational Interviewing in the delivery of case management sessions for 30 minutes per week to each client residing in 5-7 Lincoln Park, up to 23 clients per week.
· Maintain a caseload of 23 clients with various types and severities of behavioral health needs, and complete documentation for all clients as prescribed.
· Proficiently and independently utilize community resources such as B.L.E.S.S.E.D. ministries, DVR, JVS, and DMHAS career services for rapid attachment to employment.
· Perform and document at least monthly housing and cleanliness inspections on all client apartments in 5-7 Lincoln Park to ensure the units meet safety, accessibility, and comfort standards.
· Independently refer clients in need of mental health, substance abuse, and physical health treatment to appropriate community resources for screening and treatment, and coordinate with such agencies during the provision of assessment and treatment.
· Attend and participate in all staff meetings, referral source meetings, training, and other sessions as assigned.
· Ensure program operation complies with HUD regulations, DMHAS regulations, and CARF regulations.
Job qualifications include:
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to engage male and female adults in the home and office environments while maintaining professional and ethical boundaries.
· Ability to independently solve job-related problems.
· Ability to work independently of guidance regarding the case management activities
· Minimum BA in a behavioral health-related field
· Driver’s License mandatory
· WRAP certification preferred
· CPR/First Aid certification
· Understanding and appreciation of the Housing First model.
· Understanding of Motivational Interviewing and how to apply it in case management sessions.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of state, HUD, and CARF licensing and regulatory requirements for supportive housing.
· Communal organizational skills regarding the case management resources.
· Self-starter and self-directed regarding case management activities.
· Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people, including clients, landlords, referring agencies, and support service staff.
· Ability to provide education and instruction individually, through groups, online, and written communication.
· Familiar with electronic healthcare records, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and related data entry skills.