Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, recovery houses, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on a path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for a registered nurse (RN) to provide nursing care in our short-term residential program in Secaucus, NJ: The Meadow Program. The incumbent will be responsible for assessing clients’ medical needs and determining appropriate medical or psychiatric interventions. In addition, the RN is required to administer medication, assist physicians in providing care to clients, and provide ongoing medical documentation within the medical department.
This is a full-time position, and expected hours are 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interpersonal and group communication skills
- Critical thinking and shared decision-making ensuring protection of client’s self-determination
- Provide advocacy as needed to ensure client knows and understands their rights
- Strong nursing skills and holistic health knowledge as addiction is rarely the only treatment necessary
- Provide compassionate support through all process phases
- Help client become independent by meeting care goals and measuring those goals against patient healthcare outcomes, adjusting as necessary
- Quality care assurance, following state and nursing guidelines and standards
- Work on a multidisciplinary team to discuss, assess and resolve patient problems, yet able to work independently
- Charting patient care in patient chart and department charts
- Documenting and communicating nursing care with next shift
- Ensure client confidentiality
- Maintain up-to-date nursing education, including knowledge of Internet resources for those with substance abuse
- Compliance with Department of Health, CARF and DEA Standards
- Patient care assessment: Monitor client’s physical and psychological withdrawal from substances
Job qualifications include:
- Nursing degree from accredited program
- Undergraduate degree in nursing or related field preferred
- Active nursing license
- Minimum 2 years experience in addictions
- CPR Certification
- Familiarity with NARCAN and ability to administer NARCAN
Local travel approximately 10% of the time during the business day is required.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Full-time Registered Nurse’ in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.