Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is hiring full-time residential aides to support residential addiction treatment programs in Newark and Secaucus, NJ. Residential aides are responsible for maintaining a safe living environment in the facility through regular head counts, runs of the building and grounds, constant alertness, adherence to the daily schedule, and documentation of events. Further, the residential aides are responsible for the day to day safety of all clients and must have the ability to understand and follow program policies and procedures that meet the criteria for program licensure and certification by the State and the governing agencies.
The residential aide position requires a flexible work schedule, based on the needs of the program. The schedule will be established by the program director, and can vary weekly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directly observe clients during shift to ensure safety of all clients and facility.
- Observe the self-administration of client medication.
- Monitor clients for activities such as a recreation, sporting events, etc.
- Collect, store, and document urine drug screens in accordance to the organizational policy.
- Facilitate psychoeducation groups as directed by supervisor.
- Accompany and monitor clients for outside movement, including driving of agency vehicle (if approved).
- Conduct random facility tours to ensure safety and conformance with program rules and search for contraband, at least once per shift.
- Document all incidents via IH Incident Report by end of shift.
- Screen clients upon return from offsite movements, or when deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Implement daily activity schedule, ensure all assigned activities are conducted on time and directly supervised,
ensure all in-house visits are supervised by staff, monitor self-administration of medication, and report all
deviations to the schedule to supervisor.
- Document all services in EHR (groups, recreation, self-help meetings, UDS collection, incidents, case managements, etc.).
- Follow and implement all Integrity, Inc. policies and procedures, be available for on-call and emergency
situations, and complete other assignments as assigned by your supervisor.
- Submit a shift report at the end of each shift to all program staff, using the IH shift report template.
- Complete nightly census to account for client presence.
All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Up to one (1) year experience in human social services environment, customer service preferred
- Valid NJ driver’s license required
- Crisis intervention skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic community and withdrawal management preferred
- Effective communication both written and verbal; fluency in the English language
- Capability to exercise rational judgment in an emergency
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.