Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for a facility technician painter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for projects
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete
Job qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED Certification Required
- Driver’s License
- Understanding of Color Theory and various finish types ( on-the-job training will be provided)
- Ability to: climb ladders; carry heavy equipment (including painting tools and heavy buckets of paint); and to stand for long periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (when assisting programs in choosing the right materials)
- Math skills for calculating surfaces and equipment requirements
- Physical dexterity
- Strong ability to follow directions
- Creative problem solving skills – working on older brownstones that were built in the early 1900’s
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.