Are you searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make an impact in someone’s life? At Integrity House, we believe that a vibrant company culture that supports and nurtures our employees is the key to our success and ability to have a meaningful impact in the communities we serve. We listen to your ideas and invest in your growth Our purpose and passion are to empower clients, their loved ones, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. Be a part of our team whose mission is to help individuals and families through an effective and measurable system of comprehensive Therapeutic Community addictions treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support in a way that brings about positive, long-term lifestyle change. Our vision is to rebuild and transform lives, families, and communities as the leading provider of integrated mental health, physical health, and addiction services.
We are excited to announce our Development Specialist opening in Newark, NJ! The Development Specialist is a key role at our agency in that this individual secures the resources we need to execute our mission and vision. The Development Specialist will primarily be responsible for maintaining Integrity House’s current contract and grant portfolio, funder/reporting, exploring new funding opportunities and supporting donor acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation activities. This individual reports to the Senior Director of Development and Strategy and is part of a team that includes a Development Manager and Marketing Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Development Specialist:
- Research city, county, state, federal, and private funding opportunities that align with Integrity’s mission, vision, service needs, and strategic goals.
- Prepare and submit letters of inquiry, proposals, and applications.
- Work with program and finance staff to prepare and submit funder and stakeholder reports by the deadline.
- Maintain relationships with program officers and contract liaisons.
- Sustain an understanding of Integrity’s programs and services, and the behavioral services industry.
- Record donations and acknowledge donors through timely donor communications.
- Manage the identification, receipt, and acknowledgment of in-kind contributions.
- Manage donor database, displaying a commitment to accuracy in entering and retrieving data, including identifying and merging duplicate files.
- Assist with donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship activities.
- Conduct research at the request of the senior leadership team.
- Attend relevant community meetings.
- Support other development activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in grant and proposal writing, preferably in the behavioral health field, and/or grant writing experience for non-profit organizations. Experience gained through internships is acceptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of human services/behavioral health organizations, substance use disorder treatment, mental health, and/or non-profit organizations.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with donor-centric communications.
- Commitment to accuracy in entering and retrieving data from donor management database.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Capacity to pivot to other priorities when needed.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to learn new technologies as needed.
Why Work for Integrity?
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things. We believe that workplace diversity and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company’s success and provide you with the best co-workers you could ask for. Our employee benefits play an important role in making Integrity a great place to work.
Our Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Low Cost and Generous Medical and Prescription Coverage (ask us for our benefits summary, we are proud of it!)
- Employer Paid Dental
- Employer Paid Vision
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Time
- 403(b) Plan with a Dollar for Dollar Match up to 3% of Compensation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement – up to $4,000 annual
- Recognition Rewards
- Professional Development Assistance
Who We Are
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders and mental health conditions. Integrity has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, at its highest level for over 25 years. Voted 2020 Provider of the Year by the New Jersey Association of Mental Health & Addiction Agencies (NJAMHAA) Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. Integrity House is committed to best practices and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain a practical resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, residential, and outpatient levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
Integrity is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Integrity House openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Before hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination and booster and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR. Candidates will also be required to undergo SUD pre-boarding requirements, including drug testing, fingerprinting, and a physical exam.