Integrity House is looking for a Development Specialist to be responsible for developing compelling and high-quality grant and contract applications, funder reporting, and supporting donor acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation activities. This position requires an individual who is highly detail-oriented, has the capacity to quickly learn and comprehend complex concepts, and can consistently meet established deadlines.
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, recovery houses, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on a path of sustainable recovery.
This is a full-time, exempt position, and typical work hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Grants & Contracts Development & Administration
- Review Requests for Proposals and attend bidder’s conferences to help determine alignment between Integrity’s programs and funding opportunities.
- Prepare letters of inquiry, proposals, and budgets for current and prospective grant and contract opportunities.
- Research new funding sources to meet the existing and emerging needs of Integrity clients and programs.
- Maintain contract/grant reporting chart, and prepare and submit programmatic and financial reports for public and private funders by deadline.
- Maintain positive, organized funder relationships through ongoing interactions pertaining to grant and contract requirements.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing fundraising correspondence including processing gifts, entering data into fundraising database, processing gift acknowledgement letters, conducting complex mail merges, and overseeing mailing logistics.
- Manage donor database, displaying a high-level of commitment to accuracy in entering and retrieving data from database, including identification and merging of duplicate files.
- Assist in cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
- Conduct research at request of senior management team.
- Attend relevant community meetings.
- Provide support as needed (e.g., event planning, etc.).
Job qualifications include:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required. Graduate coursework a plus.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in grant and proposal writing, preferably in the behavioral health field. Experience gained through internships is acceptable.
- Understanding of human services/behavioral health organizations, substance use disorder treatment, mental health, and/or non-profit management.
Specialized skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. In particular, the ability to think creatively and produce compelling, appealing content for fundraising materials.
- Familiarity with donor-centric communications.
- Commitment to accuracy in entering and retrieving data from donor management database.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Capacity to pivot to other priorities when needed.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to learn technologies needed to complete work.
- Attention to Detail
- Task management
- Analysis of Data
This position operates in an office setting. This job function uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Development Specialist’ in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.