Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and compassionate addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, at its highest level for more than 23 years, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. Integrity House is committed to best practice and has expanded its program and services throughout the years to remain an effective resource for those who need help. We currently offer inpatient, outpatient, and halfway house levels of addiction treatment, including medication-assisted treatment; treatment for co-occurring disorders; outpatient mental health services; recovery programs; education and workforce readiness opportunities; and supportive housing.
The Development Manager will have a crucial role in sustaining Integrity House’s core funding sources and securing the resources needed to pursue strategic organizational objectives. This position emphasizes a combination of technical abilities and a relationship-building facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain Integrity’s current government contracts and grants, including completion of renewal applications in collaboration with the Development Specialist, the finance team, and program staff.
- Research and build relationships with new public and private giving sources/partners, including corporations and foundations whose missions align with Integrity’s programs, services, and strategic goals.
- Expand and sustain Integrity’s individual giving program through donor prospecting, relationship-building, and recognition/stewardship.
- Assess feasibility of major gift and planned giving programs and assist with implementation when appropriate.
- Oversee the planning and successful execution of fundraising events such as the Golf Classic, annual Gala, and Newark Corporate and Individual 5K in partnership with Development team members.
- Lead committees for Golf Classic and Annual Gala.
- Work with the Development team and board members to design and execute prospect cultivation events.
- Remain informed about advancements and changes in the field of substance use disorder and mental health treatment to support development goals and assist Integrity in remaining competitive in the marketplace.
- Remain informed about emerging and best practices in development.
- Represent Integrity House at meetings/bidders conferences when needed.
- Support other development activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate coursework is a plus.
- Additional education and training in grant writing and/or fundraising (e.g., CFRE, GPC, etc.).
- 4+ years of resource development experience emphasizing proposal writing, planning, strategy, government grants/contracts, and foundation grants.
- Exceptional proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of diverse funding streams (e.g., addiction/mental health treatment, recovery support services, etc.) at city, county, state, and federal levels.
- Excellent analytic, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills.
- Technological proficiency (i.e., ability to work with multiple online application submission portals, word processors, spreadsheets, graphics, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Interest in and knowledge of substance use and mental health disorders, and recovery.
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to execute all phases of fundraising cycle (i.e., prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship).
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with board members, funders and prospects, senior leadership, and program managers/directors.
Physical/Medical Requirements: Prior to hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or eligibility for an exemption, and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR.
Interested candidates must submit a thoughtfully written cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com with ‘Development Manager’ in the subject line. Applications that do not include the required writing samples will not be considered.
Salary range is $65,000 to $75,000. Full-time employees receive a robust benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; a medical flexible spending account (FSA); short and long-term disability; life insurance; and a 403b retirement plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3%. Integrity also offers annual rewards and bonuses (dependent on agency’s financial results), tuition reimbursement; opportunities for internal advancement and professional development; and a warm, collaborative environment.
Integrity House is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.