HIRING BONUS: $500
after 90 days
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, recovery houses, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on a path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is hiring residential addiction treatment counselors to provide counseling addictions services, education and support to clients in Secaucus, NJ. Work schedules will be reflected during time of on-boarding. The work schedule will include evenings and weekend hours based on business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess client’s needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria in order to provide individual and group therapy, psycho-education, case management, and crisis intervention to clients.
- Counselor should obtain previous records that are relevant the current treatment episode and collaborate with clients to develop a written treatment plan that is client-centered; recovery oriented and includes goals with measurable objectives.
- Provide substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan, when and where necessary, throughout treatment according to ASAM criteria to determine the need for continued services, transfer or discharge.
- Conduct CSR for SAI, LOCI/Extension Requests for Drug Court clients and Utilization Review for Private Insurance clients; process and monitor results of urine analysis and escort clients using company vehicle (if approved) to medical, legal, or recreational appointments and be available for on call crisis where applicable.
- Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given) and referral sources; participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings for assigned clients, clinical supervision, trainings, workshops, and etc. – as assigned by Director.
- Keep accurate records and clinical documentation, in accordance with Annex A requirements; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
- Document complete and detailed facility incident reports for Director and any other persons stipulated to receive them, including referral source per contractual agreement and emergency contact when appropriate.
- Develop client’s transfer and/or discharge plans to ensure movement to appropriate levels of care; contact referral source (s), provide case consultation and coordinate with referral sources (i.e., criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DCP&P, and/or mental health treatment providers).
- Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
- Adhere to all safety and security protocol of the worksite.
- Collect drug screens and observe the self-administration of medication, where applicable.
- Accompany clients to outside appointments, where applicable (residential)
- Complete weekly optimized billing.
All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field, *Counselor II, III, IV, will require a master’s degree
- Three (3) years’ experience in human services fieldwork preferred
- Experience in substance abuse program management, delivery, and evaluation preferred
- Credentials (e.g., CADC)
- Master’s level licensure (e.g., LSW, LAC, LCADC) for Counselor III, IV positions only
- Clinical Licensure (e.g., LPC, LCSW)
- Strong working knowledge of ASAM criteria
- Strong understanding of symptom criteria (as outlined in the DSM) necessary to identify mental health, personality and substance use disorders.
- In-depth knowledge of the causes and effects of addiction on individuals, families and society
- Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threatening situations including the prevention of suicide and/or homicide under the guidance of the correctional center staff if needed
- Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing and 12-step treatment methods
- Knowledge of needs and risk assessment
- Comprehension of case management and record keeping practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Cultural Sensitivity
- In depth knowledge and strict adherence to the Code of Ethics and client’s Bill of Rights
- Ability to clinically justify treatment at various level of care using ASAM criteria
- Ability to conduct service reviews and negotiate continued residential treatment with insurance companies, drug court task evaluators and SAI care coordinators
- Ability to conduct clinical assessments under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor
- Ability to conduct a suicidal/homicidal risk assessment
- Ability to identify symptoms associated with mental health and personality disorders
- Effective clinical communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with clients and solid working relationships with staff
- Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness, genuine positive regard and empathy regarding client concerns
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing counselor duties
Physical/Medical Requirements: Prior to hire, candidates shall be required to show documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or eligibility for an exemption, and have a negative TB skin test and positive titers for the MMR.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the email subject line.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403(b) retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% of your maximum compensation.