Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for part-time counselors. The ideal candidates have very good people skills and experience working with clients with Addiction disorders and Co-occurring disorders.This is a flexible work schedule working 25 hours per week and the primary hours are Monday to Friday 4 pm to 7 pm, hours will vary based on organizational needs. The schedules are subject to change but normally run, 2 pm to 7:30 pm or 4 pm to 9 pm. However, the full schedule would be reflected during time of on-boarding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assess client’s needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria in order to provide individual and group therapy, psycho-education, case management, and crisis intervention to clients.
• Provide substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan, when and where necessary, throughout treatment according to ASAM criteria to determine the need for continued services, transfer or discharge.
• Conduct CSR for SAI, LOCI/Extension Requests for Drug Court clients and Utilization Review for Private Insurance clients; process and monitor results of urine analysis and escort clients using company vehicle (if approved) to medical, legal, or recreational appointments and be available for on call crisis where applicable.
• Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given) and referral sources; participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings for assigned clients, clinical supervision, trainings, workshops, and etc. – as assigned by Director.
• Keep accurate records and clinical documentation, in accordance with Annex A requirements; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
• Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
• Adhere to all safety and security protocol of the work site
Job qualifications include:
• Master’s degree
• At least three (3) years experience in human services fieldwork (preferred)
• Experience in substance abuse program management, delivery, and evaluation (preferred)
• Credentials (e.g., CADC)
• Master’s Level Licensure (e.g., LSW, LAC, LCADC)
• Clinical Licensure (e.g., LPC, LCSW)
• Driver’s License
• Strong working knowledge of ASAM criteria
• Strong understanding of symptom criteria (as outlined in the DSM) necessary to identify mental health, personality and substance use disorders.
• In-depth knowledge of the causes and effects of addiction on individuals, families and society
• Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threatening situations including the prevention of suicide and/or homicide under the guidance of the correctional center staff if needed
• Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing and 12-step treatment methods
All part-time employees will accrue 40 hours of sick time and are eligible to participate in organization’s 403B profit sharing retirement plan.