Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for an experienced Counselor who will be part of the Road to Recovery team which will station itself at Essex County hot spots Monday through Friday (working three days per week). The individual will conduct the initial assessment to determine if an individual is appropriate for services and determine the level of treatment. The individual will conduct an intake assessment and capture data, as well as provide education on substance use disorder and associated illness. The individual will help connect visitors to other services they might benefit from and build external partnerships. They will also be responsible for scheduling appointments for potential on-site levels of care and medication-assisted treatment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assess client’s counseling needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine the appropriate level of care based on ASAM PPC to provide individual, psycho-education, case management, and crisis intervention to clients.
• Provide substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan, when and where necessary, throughout treatment according to ASAM PPC to determine the need for continued services, transfer, or discharge.
• Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given) and referral sources.
• Keep accurate records and clinical documentation, following Annex A requirements; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
• Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
Job qualifications include:
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree
• At least three (3) years’ experience in human services fieldwork (Preferred)
• Experience in substance abuse program management, delivery, and evaluation (Preferred)
Required Licensing or Certifications:
• Master’s Level Licensure (LCADC)
• Clinical Licensure (e.g., LPC, LCSW)
• A valid NJ Driver’s License
Specialized Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
• Strong working knowledge of ASAM-PPC 2-R Placement Criteria
• Strong understanding of symptom criteria (as outlined in the DSM-IV) necessary to identify mental health, personality, and substance use disorders.
• In-depth knowledge of the causes and effects of addiction on individuals, families, and society
• Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life-threatening situations including the prevention of suicide and/or homicide
• Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing and 12-step treatment methods
• Knowledge of needs and risk assessment
• Comprehension of case management and record-keeping practices
• Ability to clinically justify treatment at various level of care using ASAM placement criteria
• Ability to conduct service reviews and negotiate continued residential treatment with insurance companies, drug court task evaluators and SAI care coordinators
• Ability to conduct clinical assessments under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor
• Ability to conduct a suicidal/homicidal risk assessment
• Ability to identify symptoms associated with mental health and personality disorders
• Effective clinical communication, both written and verbal
• Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with clients and solid working relationships with staff
• Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness, genuine positive regard, and empathy regarding client concerns
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing counselor duties
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All part-time employees will accrue 40 hours of sick time and are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) profit sharing retirement plan.