Since 1968, Integrity, Inc. has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with a substance use disorder. In addition to our CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, halfway house, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses to prepare for ongoing community-based treatment and recovery.
We are seeking Counselor Intern in our Morris Plains program that possesses people skills and experience in working with clients with Addiction disorder and Co-occurring disorder. This position is a great opportunity for a career path for someone who is in the substance abuse or mental health field.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide drug and alcohol intervention services to include individual and group therapy, as well as COD and psychoeducation.
· Provide counseling to individuals regarding the use and effects of alcohol and drugs.
· Assist clients to identify their needs and make referrals to outside services; provide linkage to community AA and NA groups, facilitate educational groups.
· Ensure that assigned clients meet the Annex A requirements.
· Conduct case conferencing for the assigned clients 45 days after admission and 90 days prior to leaving the program.
· Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, review the client’s case and assess treatment plan.
· Send monthly reports to outside referral agencies.
· Maintain confidential written records of client interactions; create and maintain current records of the number of clients served and the issues; secure the confidentiality of all interactions and records.
· Observe medication as needed.
· Follow up on the daily schedule and ensure that all activities are provided.
· Swipe in and out of all shifts.
· Complete case management, COD case managements for assigned caseload.
· Complete billing for NJSI, SAI, MAP and Drug Court clients.
· Identify facility problems, goals and resolve on a weekly basis and document.
· Attend facility meetings as directed per supervisor.
· Maintain updated certifications
· Complete LOCI’s for NJSI, MAP and Drug Court clients on a monthly basis.
· Follow up on authorizations for assigned clients.
· Implement all of the Integrity, Inc. policies and procedures.
Job qualifications include:
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in addiction counseling
· High School diploma and some college
· Credentials (e.g., CADC)
· CPR certification
· A valid Driver’s License
· Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Alcohol and Drug Counselor
· Adhere to cardinal rules.
· Maintain standards of conduct
· Demonstrate sound work ethics
· Be consistent and fair
· Understanding of addictions recovery, motivational interviewing and 12-step treatment methods
· Knowledge of needs and risk assessment
· Comprehension of case management and record keeping practices
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
· Cultural Sensitivity
· In-depth knowledge and strict adherence to the Code of Ethics and the client’s Bill of Rights
· Ability to conduct service reviews and negotiate continued residential treatment with insurance companies, drug court task evaluators and SAI care coordinators
· Ability to establish strong therapeutic alliances with clients and solid working relationships with staff
· Ability to demonstrate cultural awareness, genuine positive regard and empathy regarding client concerns
· Ability to conduct clinical assessments under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor
· Ability to conduct a suicidal/homicidal risk assessment
· Ability to identify symptoms associated with mental health and personality disorders
· Effective clinical communication, listening, written and verbal
· Solid counseling skills (individual and group)
· Effective decision making in dealing with safety issues and emergency situations
· Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage time