Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is looking for a Counselor in our Secaucus facility. You will support and encourage patients through stressful situations, actively listen, and provide compassion, while restoring healthy coping mechanisms to the lives of individuals who need assistance in rebuilding their lives.
This is a full-time position which requires varying schedules, including evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assess client’s counseling needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine the appropriate level of care.
• Provide substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan.
• Conduct CSR for SAI, LOCI/Extension Requests for Drug Court clients and Utilization Review for Private Insurance clients; process and monitor results of urine analysis and escort clients using the company vehicle (if approved) to medical, legal, or recreational appointments and be available for an on-call crisis.
• Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given) and referral sources; participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings for assigned clients, clinical supervision, training, and etc. – as assigned by the Director.
• Keep accurate records and clinical documentation, in accordance with Annex A requirements; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
• Develop client’s transfer and/or discharge plans to ensure movement to appropriate levels of care; contact referral source (s), provide case consultation and coordinate with referral sources (i.e., criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DCP&P, and/or mental health treatment providers).
Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
• Master’s degree in Human Services field
• At least three (3) years’ experience in human services fieldwork preferred
• Experience in substance abuse program management, delivery, and evaluation preferred
• Credentials (LSW, LCADC, or LAC)
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403(b) retirement and profit-sharing plan.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.