Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Do you enjoy real cooking, not using frozen or prepared foods but actually cooking? Do you have experience cooking from scratch and want to continue using those skills? We are seeking a Cook’s Aide to work in our Secaucus locations but candidates must be flexible to fill in at out Newark facility as well. In this position you will assist the food service department in the preparation, cooking and serving of a wide variety of meals. Responsible for serving clients, cleaning and preparing kitchen area and inventory. May also be responsible for cooking large quantities of food, or handling a portion of the process, food preparation equipment and machinery; such as fryers, stoves, mixers, freezers, or choppers.
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week, some flexibility in hours and location will be required, the candidates must be available during the core work hours of 5:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Location: primary in Secaucus, NJ & backup in Newark, NJ
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and serve all meals in strict accordance to Doctor’s, Dietitians and Food Service Director directives
- Assist in planning, preparation and serving meals at Integrity House events (Holiday, special events)
- Assist in ordering, food acquisitions, and menu planning
- Comply with health codes; ensure cleanliness of refrigerators, stoves, pantries, cooking, serving and dining areas
- Maintain daily schedule and required documentation
- Ensure food rotation and restocking is in adherence to expiration dates
- Follow and implement all Integrity policies and procedures
- Maintain flexible work schedule (as per business demands)
- Must be able to travel (demands based on business need)
Other duties and responsibilities are assigned based on operational agency needs.
Job qualifications include:
Required Education & Experience
- HS Diploma (must be presented at time of hire)
- 1-year experience in fresh food preparation
Licensing or Certifications
- SafeServ ( National Restaurant Association)
- Food Handlers (American National Standards Institute) (preferred)
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License (required)
- First Aid / CPR certification within 1st year of employment
Interested candidates may send a cover letter expressing interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% maximum compensation.